Rich notification does not work on data??

I enabled rich notification and it works when I’m home, but k don’t get notifications when I am out (i.e. not on my wifi network). I still get notifications, but normal one that doesn’t have a snapshot. Wondering if that’s a bug or if that’s how it suppose to work?

Hi @CATorUser. If your Rich Notifications are not working like they should, try uninstalling the Ring app, rebooting your phone, then reinstalling the Ring app. This will prompt you to sign in. After you are signed back in, test your notifications on/off wifi. You’re Rich Notifications should not change based on your network. Also, check to see if you have any apps that conflict with the Ring App. I hope this helps!

It didn’t work. I installed then reinstalled the ring app. I also don’t have any of the conflicting apps on my phone. You’ll see that when wifi is off, I don’t get snapshot. I can’t upload more than 1 screenshot so you’ll have to take my word for it when I say I get snapshot when my wifi is on. This is a bug.

Hey @CATorUser. Thank you for following up with that. To better assist with this, I would recommend calling in to our support team to further investigate this. This way, they can troubleshoot with you in real time. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to come back to the Community and update this as you work with our support team!

Hi @CATorUser,

I wanted to check back with you to hear how things are going with your Rich Notifications, are they working well for you now when you’re not on wifi?

If not, have you checked to see if your phone has a feature turned on to reduce your data usage. On iPhones this is called Low Data Mode and on Android phones there is toggle called Background Data that needs to be turned on. Please let me know if this is helpful, thank you!