Reset vs. reinstall ?

In particular, bell 3+, I needed to do a reset to see if the bell mic would work again. I tried pressing the orange button for 15 seconds and that put it in setup mode. I didn’t want to do a setup, just like a power off/on. Then, I tried taking battery out and back in. It also put me in setup mode. This time I went through the setup process without removing the device first. It kept all my links, many other settings. I was surprised. But mostly importantly, the bell works again.

Seems there should a simpler reset process?

1 Like

And, oh, had to scan the code again. Glad I saved the paper so I didn’t have to take the bell off, just the cover.

1 Like

Hi @ghoofie! Happy to hear your Video Doorbell is working again. You were very close to performing a proper reset on the VIdeo Doorbell 3. If you are ever needing to reset the Doorbell, please hold the setup button for 20 seconds. This should result in flashing LED indicator and will likely require a new setup or reconnection to your wifi network. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

So, there is no way to just reboot sounds like. And I better keep my sheet of paper with the code to scan so I dont have to take the entire phone apart to get to the code in back of phone .

1 Like