Reset ring doorbell 2 remotely?

I have a doorbell2 on a rental property In Another state.

is there anyway I can get it restarted without physically being there?

thanks in advance

Hey @gaynojm. There is not a way to remotely reset the Video Doorbell 2, as someone will need to be there with access to the Ring App and the Doorbell to reconnect it to wifi. This is because the device will need to be put into setup mode, which requires the setup button on the Doorbell to pressed.

My Ring Doorbell is “dormant.” How do i wake it up? I am NOT interested in remote reset.

I am at the site!

No history recorded for the last 10 days.

What’s up?

Thanks!

Hey @galensdad. You can perform a reset and a new setup of your Doorbell to make sure everything is working properly. To reset the device, hold down the setup button for 30 seconds. After that’s done, you’ll want to run through a new setup in the Ring App by following the instructions under Set Up a Device. Once the setup completes, you can test the Doorbell out by ringing it and checking the Event History. Let me know how that works for you! :slight_smile:

This is a major flaw in service and hardware. Highly dissappointed! Will shop around for something that I can operate remotely. If I were at home to fix it I could just look out my window and see who’s there. Kind of defeats the purpose for this product.

1 Like

Yes I am disappointed that my FL home’s ring doorbell needs to be reset but I can’t reset it from MI! Now I have no security until I can fly there to reset it!! Errrr!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.