Recording stops after doorbell pushed

I’ve noticed lately that my Ring Pro video doorbell stops recording after the doorbell is pushed. It happens if the motion gets activated and I am remotely watching someone walk up to the door. As soon as they push the button to ring the doorbell the recording cuts out. It stops recording completely, verified by watching the replay. If I try to watch live after this happens, it fails to remotely connect. After a few minutes I am able to reconnect and watch. It is hard wired and voltage shows “Good”. Signal strength is RSSI-59 and firmware is at : 2.2.00097. Any ideas?

1 Like

My Ring Doorbell Pro does the same thing. It works just fine till someone pushes the bell. I have spent $300 to have an electrician update my connection to the doorbell from the transformer and I have my upgraded my internet service but the problem still has not been resolved. If I shut the power off then the doorbell reconnects just fine until the next time someone rings the doorbell. Very frustrating.

Hey @Rfoster. There are a few things you can try. First, try to reboot the Ring Pro by pressing and holding the setup button on the side of the Ring Pro for 20 seconds. This will take about one minute. If that doesn’t work, completely turn off power to the doorbell for 3 minutes, then reconnect power. If this doesn’t work, it will be best to contact our support team for the next best steps. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Thank you. I have tried resetting many times. I will try the power off for 3 minutes idea. I have turned the power off but only for 30 seconds or so.

Did this work for you? I’ve been having the same problem for over a year.

Same problem as well ever since I got it a few years ago. It always shorts out and shuts off when the button is pushed. Also paid a bunch of money for a new transformer. That was supposed to fix the problem per Ring but it had no affect at all.

Hi neighbors. If your Doorbell Pro is turning off or not recording only when the Doorbell button is pressed, try the following steps:

If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Wow I guess still not fixed in 2023. Maybe I should give a different brand a try. That’s poor customer service. This problem should be well known by now.

1 Like

Same thing with my Pro after 6 years of reliable service. After the button is pushed the unit goes dark. I verified voltage from the transformer is correct (16 vac) at the door. After a power disconnect the unit can be brought back on line (I’ve done this a few times) successfully until the button is pressed again; then it goes completely dark. WIFI is fine and all other Ring cams are on-line.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.