Recently installed ring doorbell 2 is not getting any motion

I just installed my ring doorbell 2 and the motion detection isn’t working at all. I have my motion settings set to frequent and I also have all my zones on. My notification is also on. However, I pick up no motion at all. The only times I get notified is when someone physically presses the doorbell.

My recent activity shows no motion detected either. Is there something wrong with my ring?

Hey @Jsave1! Your settings definitely look proper for motion detection. The first thing I recommend trying is uninstalling and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device, then reconfiguring your motion settings to initiate a motion settings update on the Doorbell.

If motion is still not being detected, try resetting your Doorbell by holding the setup button for 20 seconds. Let me know if this works! :slight_smile:

I have the exact same issue. I’ve never received a motion detection notification. Were you able to resolve your issue and if so, how did you do it?

Did you try @Marley_Ring suggestion, @Culley ? If that didn’t work, I suggest calling our 24/7 support team at 800-656-1918. Thanks!

Ring is sending a new doorbell. The motion detector in the one I bought is not working.

Front door

Offline.what ihavedo

Replacement unit fixed the problem

Re: Recently installed ring doorbell 2 is not getting any motion