Re:Camera Fuzzy

Hi,I am a ring customer for a couple of years.I have the protection plan on my device.My camera is not clear at all.I cleaned it several times and still everything looks fuzzy.Please provide me with a contact number for help in this matter,thank you

Hey there, @Brakas726! Video connection concerns are often related to wifi, mobile device, or Ring app communication variables. The best first thing to check is your wifi signal strength, or RSSI, which can be found in the Device Health section of your Ring app. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength.

Removing and reinstalling the Ring app is a quick way to ensure it is up to date and optimally integrated with your mobile device. On your mobile device, try testing video on wifi only, and then on data only, to see if either connection is more efficient. Please also ensure bluetooth and VPN is disabled.

If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Thanks but ALL OF YOU give the same response with NO SOLUTION.Please explain to me how to CANCEL my subscription so we can both move on,Thanks

The company is notorious for not assisting with replacing the plastic in front of the doorbell that has had the full force of sun facing weathering thus causing fuzziness and can hardly see via nightvision. Support says plastic cover not available so go and buy a new ring doorbell as I’m out of warranty.

Not to be beaten I resolved this by investing in buying PETG 1mm sheet (polyethylene terephthalate glycol) that cost £2.00 on ebay and a drill bit 24mm cost £2.00 from screwfix store and some strong gorilla double sided sticky tape that I had.

I then took off the front cover and carefully and patiently peeled of the worn plastic and used that to make a template on the PETG sheet for the hole to fit over the doorbell button (81mmx28mmx24mm hole using the drill bit). I used a Stanley knife to make multiple cuts the new template pops out and then cutting into two for top and bottom part.

Next gently cleaned the top part of lens area and peeled of the back plastic PETG sheet, add the double sided sticky tape and pressed it home. Repeated this for the bottom part making sure the not to cover the sensor area. There was no need to blacken the PETG.

Now I have perfect clear day and night vision. It took me30 minutes for a practice run and literally took me 10 minutes for the master plate.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.