Random Motion Alerts

I keep getting alerts of motion at the front door but there is nothing there, this happens 5 or 6 times a day. I’ve turned off the left side motion sensor just in case the plant or my sign moves but doesn’t seem to change anything. Not sure why this is happening, happens during the day or night.

Here is what it picks up and nothing I see should trigger it.

https://ring.com/share/6788714888224568993

Hi @caseyland. It seems like the decorative sun, while very cute and looks great, may be the cause for this. Neighbors can tend to have false motion alerts when lights are hitting a very reflective surface like this. This is just a hunch, but you may want to try removing the decoration as a test to see if it limits your false motions. Additionally, you may want to look at installing a Corner Kit to push the Doorbell’s view out and away from the wall slightly. Hope this helps! :smiley_cat:

@Chelsea_Ring wrote:

Hi @caseyland. It seems like the decorative sun, while very cute and looks great, may be the cause for this. Neighbors can tend to have false motion alerts when lights are hitting a very reflective surface like this. This is just a hunch, but you may want to try removing the decoration as a test to see if it limits your false motions. Additionally, you may want to look at installing a Corner Kit to push the Doorbell’s view out and away from the wall slightly. Hope this helps! :smiley_cat:

Thanks, I will give that a try. Though it is not a highly reflective surface but worth a try.