Pro Ring Clear plastic Crazing

has anyone had a Pro Ring were the clear plastic in front crazed my has it is not in direct sunlight but even though it is working I have to replace because the crazing is in front of the camera I included a picture

1 Like

Hey @dmarr35! Our Video Doorbells are designed for outdoor use and are rated for weather resistance. Normal usage should not result in any cracking or damages. I recommend reaching out to our support team, at 800-656-1918, for further assistance. :slight_smile:

Thank you it is being handled this is not normal and I think it is a small instance and that is why I wanted to bring it to your attention Ring products are made to a high standard Thank You again

1 Like

My Ring 2 doorbell, which is never in direct sun, has significant crazing. The solution I was offered after calling was to purchase a new device with a 35% discount, as it is not within the 1 year warranty period. If the device is designed for outdoor use and weather resistance, I don’t understand why this is happening, and feel that the material used is not satisfactory and am disappointed in Ring’s not standing behind their product integrity. Picture attached: https://ring.com/share/6795562320194367048

“Our Video Doorbells are designed for outdoor use and are rated for weather resistance. Normal usage should not result in any cracking or damages. I recommend reaching out to our support team, at 800-656-1918, for further assistance.”

I am experiencing the same issue of significant crazing on my Ring Pro. It greatly affects the image/video. It just looks terrible, too.

Hi @pjchappy! Thank you for that image example. This Pro certainly looks cracked. Have you tried reaching out to our support team? If your device is in warranty, they should be able to help further. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

I am in the same situation. Picture attached. Anyone get this resolved? Seems like that plastic piece should be replaceable. I called support and they offered a discount code to purchase a new one. Are the new ones designed better?