Poor Audio from the door v2

Hi,

I have just installed the v2 door bell. Al is great, video is good, audio from the person on the phone to door bell, person at the door is fine. However, audio from the person at the door to the phone is terrible.

If the person at the door gets right up to the door bell I can hear them, if they stand on the door step, and talk normal volume I can hardly hear them very very quiet.

Is there anything that can fix this or is it a fault unit?

Thanks

Andy.

Hey @Thejollyboys! Audio is often related to connection strength, which both wifi and mobile device connection is great to check. Wifi signal strength can be seen as RSSI in the device health in your Ring app. Check out our Community post about RSSI for more tips on optimizing connection.

To test connection on your mobile device, please test audio using wifi only, and also using cell data only, to see if one if more efficient than the other. Please also disable bluetooth, VPN, and close other apps in the background. If this concern persists, try removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device. Feel free to keep us updated on the results! :slight_smile:

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. The door bell is 6ft away from the WiFi router. I have a signal strength of -50.

The video is top notch, it does have glitches now and again when watching the live feed.

Not sure why it’s so bad being so close to the WiFi router. There is nothing on the network taking up massive bandwidth.

Both 4g and WiFi on the phone it’s the same.

Disappointed in the quality of the door bell if I honest.