Pink video

Our ring video doorbell has pink video during the day.

1 Like

That would be because the IR cut filter is stuck. That filter is used for improved night vision. But if it is engaged when the IR leds are not on, then it turns the image pink.

You can try gently taping the device to see if the filter resets. If this persists then you need a replacement unit.

we just moved into our new house that came with a ring pro doorbell already installed, and just connected to it yesterday. I noticed immediately that the right hand side was tinted pink…we tried shutting off the breaker and turning back on to restart the doorbell in case that might help, but no luck. Has anyone else experienced this and know of a fix? Thanks.

I have the same issue. Did this get resolved for you?

hi there, @Chris-84! Video concerns can often be related to wifi signal or connection variables, however, a discoloration could be caused by a few factors. The best step for resolving this will be to perform a reset on the Ring device by holding the setup button for 20 seconds. Once this step is complete, please reconnect your Ring device by following the steps in this help center article.

We’ve seen other neighbors find success with physically moving the camera or changing the lighting drastically to see if the lens will adjust differently.

If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Hi, we just recently installed our Ring Doorbell Pro and our live feed also shows a pink coloration to our yard and lights. Any solution to this? I have done a reboot through the Ring App but the problem persists.

Hi @jjramirez1684. If you have tried the reboot and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.