Phone not connecting to live view...

Ever since I let my ring protect plan expire, I always have issues connecting to live view on my ring doorbell II. I’ve checked its connection status and it’s always been “good”. There is literally a WiFi booster 5’ away from the doorbell inside my house. My download and upload speeds to my phone are at 70-100mbps and 17-20mbps respectively. Literally, the day after the protect plan expired this issue started. Sometimes it will connect, but most of the time it won’t. How can I not connect to live view, yet check the health and connection speed of the device? Has anybody else had this problem after letting their plan expire? Is this by design? Should I contact my state’s attorney general and file a complaint. I’m not trying to be a smart a$$, but it seems pretty suspicious to me. Prior to the expiration of my plan, I NEVER had an issue connecting to live view no matter where my phone was. I could be 100 miles away connected to a crappy dsl internet connection and still perform a live view on my phone and answer my door bell using the audio.

Hi @Rkell. There could be multiple different reasons as to why the Live View is not activating. A great starting place for this concern is our Community Post on Live View concerns here. Additionally, you’ll want to check your Doorbell’s RSSI and make sure it is within an acceptable range as a high RSSI can cause problems with the Live View activating. Finally, you can try out the Rapid Ring App, which is a companion to the Ring App, and is designed to allow you to answer notifications and access Live View more quickly.

If none of those suggestions resolve this concern, it would be best for you to contact our support team directly so they can take a deeper look at your device and account. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: