cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“People Only Mode” is not people only

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: “People Only Mode” is not people only

Hey @Nightmare69 -- you should be able to copy and paste the Ring Share URL.. If you click share then message, you can copy and paste that here.. Let me know! 

Got a question? The Community is full of answers! Use our Search bar at the top for quick results.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Highlighted
New Neighbor

This is one of many person detected alerts I get and it’s just cars driving by. I’ve lowered the motion zones but it doesn’t help.

https://ring.com/share/e2e6df91-31d2-427e-b436-f5a6616c9f12
Highlighted
Community Manager

Thank you! Extremely helpful. I have sent a note to the team for further investigation on this. Appreciate these examples. Thank you!! 

Got a question? The Community is full of answers! Use our Search bar at the top for quick results.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

My wired Ring Cam is faced parallel to the street.  After the new App update, I tried the people only mode.  The funny thing is, it now identifies every car that goes by as a person, but when a real person approaches my door, I get no notifications.  At this point, I've had to turn off notifications because they're totally useless. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I hope the issue is resolved as every, and I mean every, motion is “person detected.” I finally turned it off.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Has this been fixed?  I have battery operated cam. I've had fed ex people up the driveway and up the porch with no alert and no recording. Is there something I can send to the tech team to help?  I ve tried everything I can think of -- nothing works

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Same happens to me. A cat walking by triggers motion detection, the app mark it correctly as no-human... But it notifies me anyway even if I set people only mode. Very annoying expecially in the middle of the night
Highlighted
New Neighbor

This is BS.  I've tried everything suggested, but "people only mode" for the Ring battery cam spotlights catches everything but people.

Then there's the sensitivity adjustment.  I move it up all the way and nothing, but move it down a little and then everything triggers it.  Does Max sensitivity mean most sensitive to motion or least sensitive to motion.  I ask because I think you have it backwards or mislabeled.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Same here in the UK.

People only mode seems to modify me of more false positives than normal mode. I've also got an issue whereby my motion zone is completely ignored. It's set about 10 yards from my door yet it still notifies of cars on the road at least 50 yards from the zone border. A 50 yard tolerance is not acceptable.

It's gotten to the point where I completely missed a genuine chancer testing my car door last week because I was so flooded with alerts, I stopped checking them. Not good, Ring. You seem to be failing at the bare minimum we expect from your product and I'm currently leaning to the cheaper, higher rates Nest products.

https://ring.com/share/de700e53-a7c8-4660-9b79-4528c9859da0