Peephole camera - NO two-way voice communication

Hi, Installed a Peephole camera yesterday. Went throught the standard installation procedures and I was able to get video on my app running on my Samsung (Android) phone. All looked great… that was until I was able to do some testing this morning.

When someone rings the bell or knocks or the motion detection picks up, I can see video and I CAN clearly hear them speak. However, even after I have picked up the call (clicked on the green phone icon on the app) they CANNOT hear me (from inside the house). Yes, the microphone and speaker are shown active in the App.

I then installed the app on a LG phone and it made no difference. At lease on the LG (I thought) I head a very faint voice but it was good as saying no voice. I removed the app on my Samsung and reinstalled it and then logged back in. Absolutely no voice - again, the party at the front door can hear me but I cannot hear them. I’m out of luck and RING is not ringing for me at present.

Couple of point:

• WiFi is strong.

• Tried the app on two phones with same results

• Software on the RING Peephole is at the latest

• Apps were downloaded today so they are at the latest.

• The Video quality is pretty good.

• Motion detection works and notification works.

Just NO TWO-WAY voice.

I have spent a good half day without luck. Hope someone can suggest someting good.

Thanks…

Hi @bsilver, happy to chime in here and offer some help! Thank you for providing details on what you’ve tried so far and how that’s worked for you. I’d recommend performing a reset and a new setup of your Peephole Cam. To reset it, simply hold down the setup button for 30 seconds. After that’s complete, you’ll want to walk through a new setup in the Ring App by following the steps under Set Up a Device. Once that’s done, test out the two-way audio and let us know how that works for you! :slight_smile: