Peephole cam without existing hole

Q:What size drill bit to use when installing peephole cam without existing hole?

Hi neighbor! We actually do not recommend drilling into your door for this device. The Doorview Cam is intended to be installed with an existing peep hole for easy installation. Are you in the market for a Video Doorbell? If so, I recommend the Video Doorbell 3, which runs off battery and can be installed with ease. Hope this helps!

But existing peep holes have to be made, so what sense does that make. Front doors don’t automatically come with holes. Please, give information that’s asked and not something I don’t know. But, thank you for the comment.

2 Likes

Hi @JD21. Our Peephole Cams will fit into the hole side of most standard Peepholes for doors. After doing some research, it looks like the standard hole size is 1/2 inch hole, and after checking my own peephole for my camera, that is the same measurement I have for mine. I recommend a 1/2-in. brad point drill (for wood doors) or a standard 1/2-in. high-speed steel bit (for metal, fiberglass or composite doors). Hope this is the answer you’re looking for. :slight_smile:

4 Likes