Peephole Cam has to be reset frequently

Good morning all. I have a new Peephole Camera that so far… I’m happy with it when it works, it’s that it stops working after a short amount of time.

First off, I’ve tested the wifi connectivity and internet bandwidth by taking my phone, turning off the cellular radio, attaching it to the same wifi network (the 2.4ghz band, I have separate SSIDs for 2.4 and 5), placing it directly next to the unit (on the electronics-side of the door, not the battery side), and running the connectivity/speed test. I get good connectivity (-40 to -50 RSSI) and more than enough bandwidth (200/10).

The unit, once set up, operates fine for a few hours. I’ve been keeping a window open with the live view full-time (which has to be periodically re-opened, I’m fine with that) (and yes I’m aware I’m using battery power; I’ll stop when I trust it to work properly). Randomly during the day, reopening the live view will fail - not just once, or twice, but completely - none of my PC/phone/tablet will reconnect despite multiple tries over 30-60 minutes.

While this happens during the day, it’s so far guaranteed to happen overnight - ie, if I wake up in the morning and pull up live view, it has yet to work.

So far, the only thing that works is to redo the setup process - which gets it working again for a while, but eventually it will stop working again. I’ve also noticed that every time I do the setup process, it spends time updating the firmware. Checking it I can understand, but is it not saving its firmware?

Personally, I expect a camera once set up, to STAY set up, and not require multiple re-setups during a day, or daily.

Hey @voxorg. Thanks for taking the time to detail your concerns here. Since you are having to do multiple resets through your time of using the device, it would be best to follow up with support on this concern. The next time the device is unresponsive like you have described, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how this goes! :slight_smile: