Peephole Cam Not Tight on Door

I just got a peephole cam, and even when I tighten the nut as far as it will go, the camera is still loose on the door. Is it OK to use washers to fill in the gap, or am I doing something wrong? Perhaps the width of our door is narrower than most doors, but I didn’t think so. I am not sure why I am having this problem.

Hi @RingUser7755. The Peephole Cam is designed to be installed on doors that range from 1.2 - 2.2 inches in width. It is not recommended to attempt to install the Peephole Cam on doors thinner or thicker than that. I’d recommend reaching out to your support team directly so they can go over the installation process with you and help make sure your Peephole Cam is securely installed. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: