Package Delivery Amazon and UPS

This week and last week we had Amazon, UPS and Fedex deliver packages to our porch. Not one of them is recorded and there was zero notification on the Ring app. In most of the cases I was right in my office den waiting and had all other kinds of notifications without fail except for those deliveries!! I checked the door bell video seems to work fine for the rest! Motion sensors and detection are optimized for distance, It was broad day light when they delivered those packages! It does not make sense when security system fails when you need them the most!! I have had the system for over a year. In the past I did not have any problems with such deliveries germane to notifications!

1 Like

Hi @oshi. I’d be happy to take a look and make sure everything is set up for optimized motion detection. Which model of Doorbell do you have? Would you mind sharing a screenshot of the Motion Zones, motion sensitivity slider, and Motion Frequency settings from your Ring App?

I installed the ring pro 3 about a month ago. Whenever I walk in front of the door, or a neighbor comes over, I always get the notification on my phone and the event is recorded. But, whenever FedEx or UPS delivers a package, there is never a notification and no event is recorded. In the last two weeks, this is happened at least eight times. I am beyond frustrated. ?

My ring doorbell two is set to frequent and the motion zone covers the entire view. This isn’t a setting thing. I would like to to know why the notifications and motion are snoozed for deliveries as it circumvents the entire purpose of my doorbell.

Hey neighbors, if you’re still having this concern with your Doorbell not picking up all motion events, we recommend reaching out to our support team for further assistance and so they can look more into this for you.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 hereto see how to contact support.

We are having this exact same problem. The Ring Video Doorbell 4 detects everything except deliveries. It’s almost as if they have some kind of device that disables the Ring - but that seems unlikely?

Is 2023 an experiencing same issues. Ring doesn’t detect motion for Amazon, Fedex deliveries. Before installing the Ring equipment, drivers used to knock the door or ring the doorbell. Seems that drivers are able to disable the cameras. Was better off without Ring! It makes no sense to pay for a service that actually undermines your safety. Too bad I didn’t look at reviews before buying it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.