Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ovoid ghosts on video doorbell pro

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Ovoid ghosts on video doorbell pro

https://ring.com/share/6799121233200864575

This is our orb.  They do about the same thing.  I want ours gone.  Help desk didn't really help us.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

https://ring.com/share/6799121233200864575

This is our orb.  Very annoying.  Set our ring off at least 50 times in February.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hello. I called RING to see if they could give an explanation, and showed them one of my videos that I’m getting almost nightly. The rep. said, to the best of my understanding, it was "reflecting dust floating and could be related to our cold weather" (in NJ). Can you tell me where you live? I’ve had this device for over 2 years and this is the first time to see the ‘ghosts’. I’m having a hard time going along with the floating dust explanation. Have you reached out to them? If it was dust, wouldn't there be more particles? And it would float faster, and not sideways?! A bit frustrated....

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hello. I sent this reply to a few other customers who have had the same problem....I've also tried to clean my lens several times. I called RING to see if they could give an explanation, and showed them one of my videos that I’m getting almost nightly. The rep. said, to the best of my understanding, it was "reflecting dust floating and could be related to our cold weather" (in NJ). Can you tell me where you live? I’ve had this device for over 2 years and this is the first time to see the ‘ghosts’. I’m having a hard time going along with the floating dust explanation. Have you reached out to them? If it was dust, wouldn't there be more particles? And it would float faster, and not sideways?! A bit frustrated....

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Is this issue confined to doorbells?  My instance is limited to wired doorbell, no issue with various other Rings (Floodlight cam, Spotlight cam, battery doorbell, indoor cam).  Installation is typical:  immediately adjacent to entry door, under awning.  No direct weather exposure.  Ovoids/Orbs/Ghosts are nocturnal.

I have trouble accepting the "dust" explanation too - noting that fog shows up as discrete in-focus particles on other ring cams. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have been getting the same thing as well, I saw two at one time to boot. Can see through them, only happening on my wired doorbell. Very annoying! Is it a ghost???
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have had ring pro 3 years. Problem showed up recently on a regular basis. I believe it is app software causing it...or a hack...
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Yep, we have them every night, all night. Wired doorbell, covered entry, no traffic on street (no headlights), in all weather conditions and temperatures, and seasons.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Surprisingly, I've had fewer sightings lately.Our of curiosity, where do you live? I live in NJ. I'm not sure if there's any relation to weather? We had regular appearances in Jan-March.