Overall green tint to an occasional video shot

I asked Ring or advice and was asked to reset my doorbell by pressing the orange button for 20 secs. I did this. Now nothing works. Suggestions welcomed - I have a month left to return the doorbell!

Had to reinstall the doorbell in the end to get it working again.

I have no idea yet whether any green video shots will recur - it was always a rare occurrence - so I’ll just watch it…

1 Like

Yes it did recur.

Ring advice was the same as originally - do hard reset and reinstall.

Not going to happen as seems pointless to repeat a failed solution.

Doorbell is still within it’s return envelope so maybe that’s the answer?

Hey @TW11. Thanks for letting us know how the reset worked for you. Since this issue has persisted after performing a reset, I’d definitely recommend giving our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. They’ll be able to take a closer look to determine why this green tint keeps happening and offer more advanced troubleshooting steps. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Since my message was posted I have had excellent help from Ring Executives.

The upshot was a replacement unit which I hope to install in the next day or two.

I’m sure this will answer my difficulties

1 Like