cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orbs floating by doorbell cam

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Orbs floating by doorbell cam

These are not bugs. I’ve had my ring doorbells for quite a while & have seen what bugs look like on the lens. These are transparent orbs moving around & just like everyone else, they started appearing around the beginning of March.
https://ring.com/share/6803230687974582674
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I am almost certain they are tiny spider webs running across the camera.  Mine did that too until we removed the spider webs.  Of course, they will be right back the next night!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hey, everyone, I think that is tiny spider webs that go across the camera in the night.  We cleaned the area, sprayed AROUND not on the camera, so hopefully the little critters will go away.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

How did you clean your camera?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have this same thing.  I first noticed it back in Dec 2019 and it happens on and off.  I do have porch lights that are on when I see these orbs.  I am in the northeast and it's in the 20 & 30's temperature wise.  I am suspecting that it may be some kind of insect as the other night I saw an orb with a head & legs on one side of it and it looked like the body part of the insect was the orb.  I have to say it is really strange and it seems on the nights that I see them, it goes on for several hours between midnight and 5AM.  I might try the insecticide and see if that works. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

With all the uncertainty in the world I am thinking someone I have lost is protecting me
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have had 4 orbs set off my ring camera which is set to recognize people only. First was on Feb 25, then Feb 26, Mar 2 and Mar 23, 2020. In each case you can see through the orb. Have been a bit weirded out. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have them as well. They just started as the weather got warmer. Looking at their movement and size I think they are an infrared reflection off insects. Similar to what happens with a cats eyes at night. Just less focused and the light is scattered more creating the Orb effect.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

My first orb was 11/06/19 1am
2nd orb 3/29/20 1:29 am
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have had my ring installed for over 6 years and just started experiencing this in November 2019
/* */