Orbs floating by doorbell cam

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Orbs floating by doorbell cam

We had orbs a fee months ago and twice last night around 9:30
Highlighted
Community Manager

Good point @mreed. While cold temperatures are known to deter insects, or force them into hibernation, it does not kill all of them. It is very common for insects to be attracted to lights and other sources of heat.

Our Doorbells can certainly operate a slightly warmer temperature than the cold outdoors. This is especially true if the device is hardwired, or if it is a Doorbell Pro, as the steady flow of power can raise the device temp slightly. 

If the orbs seem to be something other than an insect, such as a light glare, please check the environment for any reflective objects. Our support team is always available for further troubleshooting as well. Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Insects seem like a logical explanation, but I've had my Ring doorbell installed for months so why are the insects just appearing now? And the fact that so many other homes are only just having insects appear at the same time? Seems rather peculiar.

Highlighted
Neighbor II

It's bugs........ Nothing more.....
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I just had one for the first time tonight. What the heck is it?
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Yes I have several instances of this

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Yes, had one set off Ring at 5:28am this morning
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Highlighted
New Neighbor

My doorbell began going off around February 27 during the mid-afternoon. The first day, it happened about 3 times. Then, it continued 2 or three times a day, all times day and night until around March 2. From 1 single to multiples of 4 or 5 would appear. Orbs moving around and across my front porch and up the brick siding in no distinct pattern, looked transparent until moving across brick siding, where their appearance changed to a bright, solid look. They presently seemed to have stopped.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Yes! Since 10 nights ago or so!
/* */