No snapshots throughout the day

so it was working until noon, but now in between my “live” vies all the snapshots is a black bar and says unavailable. Any idea how to fix this? Battery is at 50%

Hi @kerner2012! Have you tried removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device? This can help to ensure the app is up to date and optimally integrated with your mobile device. Please also check your Device Health in your Ring app to ensure the wifi signal is sufficient. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

All of those things are up to date. Uninstaller and reinstalled, still only shows live camera recordings, then black bars in between. Wifi is good, and battery at 53%

Thank you for checking those variables, @kerner2012! It is very unusual to see this concern persisting despite live view working. As long as you are subscribed and have sufficient enough wifi for the live view to connect as intended, snapshot and other recordings should also work as expected. The only other recommendation I have for this, is to disable and re-enable the snapshot feature to see if this helps resolve this black video concern. Our help center article will help with the steps on using the snapshot feature.

As it seems that live requests work but other events and recordings are not, it may be worth looking over our ports and protocols page, to see if it might apply to your network. If this concern persists after checking the above, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.