No option to reconnect to wifi

I recharged my ring doorbell battery but it’s showing offline and no option to reconnect to WiFi.

Hi @Plugs1974. You should have the option to Reconnect to WiFi in the Device Health screen. You can find this by opening the Ring App > Main Menu > Devices > Doorbell > Device Health. Alternatively, you can go to Set Up a Device and follow the prompts to run through a new setup. Either option should get your Doorbell reconnected to your home wifi network and back up and running. :slight_smile:

This is not true, there is no such option. It appears there is no facility to enter a changed Wi-Fi password other than starting a new setup with the bell removed from the door.
:(.

1 Like

I was experiencing the same issue, and finally chatted with support. Because I am a shared user, the option to reconnect to WiFi didn’t show up. Once I borrowed my spouse’s phone and reconnected that way, there was no issue.

2 Likes

Agree. Same thing happening with my parent’s setup with Ring 2. I think Ring is trying to force customers to upgrade when their early products work quite well as is. They should take a page out of NEST. Super frustrating.
Even their customer service hung up while in call tree - not a very quality shop.

Option is not available. I never leave comments like this, but after this experience, I was happy to do so. Users shouldnt have to Google how to reconnect their devices to WiFi, then have to wonder why option isnt available and Google that issue.

If its true and I dont know if it is, but if it is, that you,Ring, removed that option from older devices to force customers into buying your newer products, then shame on you. What a lousy way to exploit people.

If it isnt true, then work on your usability because it makes no sense to cause this great of confusion just to reconnect to your WiFi.

Either way, I think I will switch off Ring and try another product.

Respectfully

1 Like

Hi @user51840. The option to reconnect to WiFi has not, and will never, be removed from the Ring app. This option is located in the Device Health menu and is available for the Ring account owner to change WiFi networks. You can reference our Quick Fix Guide for step by step instructions on this.

This evidently isn’t true…coming to this post several years later with a ring video doorbell 4, and the Device Health screen most certainly does not have any option to either “Reconnect to Wifi” or to “Change Wi-Fi Network”. Frustrating. Looks like a full reset will be required.

Update - have just realised that I’m a shared user on this doorbell, not the main owner - and so I suspect that’s the root cause of the issue!

Hi @NeeWii. That is correct. Shared Users will not have the option to change WiFi as this is a Owner-only option.