No notification via Alexa devices

So how did you change the primary email on the Ring?

In the Ring app, click the hamburger menu in the top left corner. Click Account. There you can update the email address. This is also where you can link your Ring account to Amazon (and Alexa).

1 Like

I called support on having this same issue and we fixed it in less than 5 mins.

In the Alexa app, on your mobile device, go to ‘Skills’ under ‘More’ , deactivate the Ring skill, and then reenable it again. Then, the app will go through and detect the Ring devices again. All other settings, routines, etc. stayed the same, upon reenabling the skill, so nothing was lost.

Since I first did this in a web browser, not a mobile device, there was possibly an issue with my mobile app not recognizing the Ring devices.

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing what worked for you, neighbors!

Thanks, after two days of messing about, your solution fixed it. No more missed Amazon deliveries thanks to you.

“In the Alexa app, on your mobile device, go to ‘Skills’ under ‘More’ , deactivate the Ring skill, and then reenable it again. Then, the app will go through and detect the Ring devices again. All other settings, routines, etc. stayed the same, upon reenabling the skill, so nothing was lost.”

1 Like

Is the primary email the person who set everything up? That would be my husbands email and he then linked it to my email as well (but mine is the Amazon account email). Is that our problem?

Yes, that may be the issue. In order for the alerts to come through your Alexa devices, you need to set up Ring with the same account as Amazon. So if you are primary on Amazon, that same email needs to be primary on Ring as well.

I tried the disable and enable as well as confirmed email address and phone number and still no notification when delivery rcvd

1 Like

Same for me. Tried all of the above but still not showing motion or doorbell rings.
Please help.

Hi there, neighbors! The following steps are the best way to get doorbell, person and motion notifications through your Alexa:

• Download the latest Alexa app.
  • Tap the Devices tab at the lower right-hand section of your screen.
  • Tap All Devices .
  • Tap the security camera or doorbell camera you wish to be notified about.
  • Turn on the Doorbell Press (for doorbells) and/or the Motion toggle (for both doorbells and security cameras).

You can select which of your Echo devices make an announcement in the Alexa app, by following the instructions below:

• Download the latest Alexa app.
  • Tap the Devices tab at the lower right-hand section of your screen.
  • Tap All Devices .
  • Tap the security camera or doorbell camera you wish to be notified about.
  • Tap “Announcement devices” and select the Echo device(s) on which you wish to hear announcements.

Please note, each Echo device will need the communication and Announcements setting enabled, and the Do Not Disturb feature turned off. More tips and tricks for this can be found in our Help Center article here. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Two calls to Ring CS with this same problem. They then referred me to Amazon Echo CS who suggested I call Ring back. Solved the problem per advice listed below…Shut off the Do Not Disturb function on Alexa Show. Thanks to commenter below for the advice.

1 Like

This is what fixed it for me, but it took me a while to figure out that the PRIMARY user’s email address must be the same as the Amazon email address; it will not work with a shared user account.

2 Likes

This worked for me after been trying all other ways. Thanks!

1 Like

This worked for me. Thanks!

I tried all of the above with no luck, then I decided to disable the setting “Amazon Kids” on the Echo device and once I did that it worked!!! Now I can get the ring notifications on the Echo Show. I guess this is a bug on the app that should be fixed by the developers.

4 Likes

Mine worked until a few days ago and it just stopped announcing. I tried all things listed in this thread and it’s still not working. Any other ideas?

for me, that didn’t work

Us too. Purchased the Ring doorbell, 3 cameras and 4 echo dots. None of the dots are notifying us when someone rings the doorbell. We get notified on the mobile phones but that’s it. Been on calls with customer support with Amazon (twice) and Ring customer support (2nd time right now). No one seems to know why we’re having this issue and how to help us. We told the Ring customer service that the forum suggests it’s because Amazon and Ring are under two different accounts. They always insists that’s not the issue.

1. The Ring skill is on the Alexa app
  2. DND is off for all four of our echo dots
  3. Doorbell is enabled
  4. “Doorbell Press Announcements” is enabled
  5. Devices locations are all set correctly
  6. We’ve removed the Ring skill and added back on several times

Super frustrating

1 Like

Hi @Minuit726. I would try this: First, unlink your Ring and Amazon account. Next, relink the 2 accounts and enable the Ring skill. I personally use 2 different emails for both accounts (Ring and Amazon) and do not have issues with this. Perhaps the process of unlinking and linking will yield a positive result. Let me know if this works. If not, I can share this with my team and perhaps dive deeper on this topic.

Hello @Tom_Ring, I found this post when I was searching how to unlink Amazon account. I moved and used a new email-to setup a new Ring account. I unlinked from the old Ring account and attempted to link with the new Ring account.

No luck…it says “Your Amazon account is already linked to a Ring account. You can only link your Amazon account to one ring account at a time.”

I double-checked that I did unlink from the old Ring account. I logged-out and logged back-in [both Amazon and Ring], and I cleared the cache.

I can’t figure it out. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, CRH