No motion detection at all?

I’ve looked through the forum here and some people have Rings that detect some motion but not the “right kind” of motion, but my doorbell does not now, nor has it ever, actually told me that it had detected motion. I have the doorbell set up to detect motion and have tried making the detection zone bigger and smaller but still nothing. Is there something I’m missing about how to make motion detection work?

Hey @nixboox, happy to chime in and offer some guidance here! When you say it does not detect motion, do you have no events in the Event History log or do you just not receive notifications of motion? You’ll want to make sure you have Motion Alerts toggled on by opening the Ring App > Main Menu > your Ring > tap on the Motion Alerts toggle to ensure it is on.

If the Motion Alerts are on but there are no motions in the Event History log, I’d recommend resetting the Doorbell and walking through a new setup. To reset it, hold down the setup button for 30 seconds. After that’s complete, you can walk through a new setup of the Doorbell by following the steps under Set Up a Device. This will help refresh the Doorbell’s connection with the Ring App and your home wifi network. Let me know how that works for you. :slight_smile: