No audio from doorbell to phone

Hello,

None of our phones seem to be able to get audio from the doorbell. We can speak through the doorbell fine, on all phones, but we cannot get audio from the doorbell, to our phones. Im hitting the green button, toggling the microphone icon and the speaker icon. No success.

Hey @BuckeyeNut87. Just to be clear, when you talk through the Live View, you can hear yourself from the Doorbell’s speaker, but you cannot hear the person on the other side of the Doorbell, through your phone’s speaker? If this is the case, I recommend ensuring you do. not have any bluetooth devices connected when talking through the Live View, and seeing if the behavior is still the same with bluetooth off.

Hi Chelsea_Ring. So you are correct, I cannot hear my doorbell through my phone. There is a slight bit of very brief static but no audio. I have retested this with my phone’s bluetooth on and off. No success.

@BuckeyeNut87 Thank you for giving that a try! Do you have an Android phone? I recommend checking over this Help Center Article here to ensure you do not have any apps conflicting with the Ring app. If you find no conflicting apps or your have iOS, try removing the Ring app, rebooting your phone and then reinstalling the app to ensure you can hear the Live View!

Hi Chelsea. I reviewed the list of apps and I do not have any of those apps on my phone. Ive also uninstalled my app, shut down my phone, turned on my phone and reinstalled the app. No success.

These problems are also consistent on two other phones we have as well. I am using an Android but the other two phones are iOS. I am beginning to think it is the ring doorbell, not the app or phone.

@BuckeyeNut87 It sounds like it may be the device itself! If you can, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I have exact same problem. Posted on this issue earlier. I have no audio from doorbell back to a number of devices (iOs and MacOs).

Are you saying the device is faulty?

Hey Chelsea, can you advise contact details for issues with Ring Doorbell in Australia? very difficult to find contact details on web site.

never mind previous thread Chelsea. Found the Aus contact number on the link in your previous response.

I am having the same issue. Tried 3 different internet connections and an android and iOS phone.