No annoucements on Echo Devices

I have been through the Alexa and Ring apps multiple times to enable announcements on a Show and a Dot, but still when I press the doorbell none of the devices let me know that it was pressed. I have them all set to announce per the doorbell settings on a press, and have their respective settings to enable announcements. Anybody ever have this issue, and/or have any suggestions?

I should add that I have no issue viewing the live view on the Show since I connected the accounts, it just does not ring.

Hi @Storm5421! It sounds like you’ve done everything correctly, and if video is working with your Alexa enabled devices, so should alerts. Please check your Alexa app for Ring skills to ensure they are enabled. I recommend also removing and reinstalling both the Ring and Alexa app, as well as relinking your devices with the Alexa devices. This should refresh your desired settings and allow them to work as intended.

Here is our help center article about Doorbell and Alexa alerts that will help with steps on enabling and using these features best. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello,

I am having a similar issue. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Alexa App and Ring App three times now; I have gone through all the authorizations and am still not receiving notifications when the doorbell is pressed. Please help! I want to know when someone is at the door if my phone is not near by

Hi @ndjessieb08, happy to chime in here. If the previous suggestions were not successful in resolving your concern, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They can take a closer look and work directly with you to find a solution. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.