Announcements
Learn more about Amazon Sidewalk here!

No WiFi at front gate

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

No WiFi at front gate

Hi, 

I need to find out if I can connect the Ring doorbell to my home network using a ethernet cable. I have WiFi in my home but not at my gate, so can I hardwire with a network cable and use it like that ? 

I see the Elite has PoE, so maybe I can kill one bird with two stones but just running a network cable with PoE to my front gate and then it powers and provides data to the doorbell 

If yes, is it just the Elite model that does via a network cable ?

Cheers

TK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: No WiFi at front gate

Hey @tk007b. The Ring Video Doorbell Elite will definitely be the way for you to go here! The Elite is powered and connected through an Ethernet cable, as shown in the installation video here. Getting the Doorbell Elite would be the best solution for you here, as it is the only Doorbell that can be powered via Ethernet. 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: No WiFi at front gate

Hey @tk007b. The Ring Video Doorbell Elite will definitely be the way for you to go here! The Elite is powered and connected through an Ethernet cable, as shown in the installation video here. Getting the Doorbell Elite would be the best solution for you here, as it is the only Doorbell that can be powered via Ethernet. 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.

View solution in original post