No More Motion Detection Settings

Use to be able to set the motion detection zone on my Ring Doorbell Pro, but the option isn’t even there anymore in the app. Anyone know what happened to it?

Hi @79AG have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Ring App?

I called Ring technical support and found out that the app loaded on my MAC never really worked, only the mobile app would change the motion detection. Apparently, once the developers figured that out, they just deleted the functionality for the desktop/MAC. Don’t know if this is true for a PC.

Motion Detection is only available on mobile devices at this moment. I will be sure to pass along your feedback about wanting the function on your Desktop. Thank you!

1 Like

I have the same issue of not being able to change the motion settings from the app loaded on my MacBook Pro. As I recall I used to be able to do this and now the functionality is gone. Appreciaet you passing this along to the tech team - configuring the motion settings on the small screen of an iPhone is cumbersone at best.

I’ve never loaded or used an app. I don’t have a smart phone. I’ve bought the app for £0.00 and was told it was loaded onto my windows 10 laptop but don’t know how to proceed. The ring pro is installed and all wired up. I’ve also bought about 5 chimes to put around the house. I’d like to get a connection to my echo show. I’ve turned my computer off and back on again but am now well and truly stymied. Any help would be greatly appreciated and please give it in a step by step manner - I’m not that computer literate. Many thanks - Alan.