No Live view and event history

Hello

I am new to Ring product. I just bought a ring video doorbell 3 pro and trying to set it up properly. For some reason, I have no live view and stuck on activating device. I also don’t have event history at all. I have reviewed other posts about this similar issue, and I have checked my RSSI, which is -58, turned off data saver. reinstalled app, changed to 5G WIFI etc. It is still not working. Very frustrated. Please shed some lights on this problem. Or should I return it and get a new one.

Thanks

Hi @Richardlai! Thank you for trying these steps to resolve your video connection concern. An RSSI of -58 is an indicator of some interference, which can impact video streaming quality. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength.

Removing and reinstalling the Ring app is a quick way to ensure it is up to date and optimally integrated with your mobile device. On your mobile device, try testing video on wifi only, and then on data only, to see if either connection is more efficient. Please also ensure bluetooth and VPN is disabled.

After completing the above steps, a live view should certainly connect as long as your VIdeo Doorbell is online. I recommend using the 2.4 Ghz network as this frequency is often times more efficient over distance and through exterior walls. After completing a new setup, allowing the update to complete, and configuring your motion settings, you should start to see events saved in your history, as long as you are within the trial period or subscribed to a Protect Plan. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: