No Color On Video Images

I have the Ring Video Doorbell.

Lately, the images that are captured are in black and white, not color.

It’s not a big deal, and doesn’t take away from the functionality of the doorbell. But- how can I get it to work in color again?

Thank you, in advance, for any advice you may give.

Hi @JerseyLady55, it may sound silly, but it sounds like your Doorbell may just be stuck in Night Vision. If you can, flash a flashlight or your phone’s light in front of the Doorbell while having the Live View pulled up, and see if this helps restore the device to a color picture. Let me know how this goes, and if it’s still black and white, a screenshot of this would help a lot! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, again, Chelsea?. OK, I’ll try that and see how it works. BTW- your last suggestion to reboot the doorbell worked great! Thank you for your help, it’s much appreciated.

1 Like

@JerseyLady55 That’s so awesome to hear! Always a win for me when my suggestions help out a fellow neighbor :slight_smile: Trying to make the life of our neighbors as easy as possible, so I hope the flashlight trick works! I know my camera was doing that and that was a quick fix, fingers crossed! :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Hey, Chelsea! Just wanted to let you know that your solution worked! I know have glorious color again on my doorbell videos. Thank you so very much for your advice??.

1 Like

@JerseyLady55 Yay, another win for us! So happy to hear that it’s working as it should, thank you again for checking back in. Stay safe and healthy out there! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ha ha, yes it is, thanks to you?. Thanks for your well wishes. Take care of yourself and continued good health to you and yours during these interesting times that we live in.??.

1 Like

The flashlight trick did not work for me. What now?

Can I get a new unit since I am under warranty?

If shining a light or changing lighting did not help with night vision, try out the steps in our Help Center article about night vision.

For further assistance, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.