Nightvision

Ok this may had been answered. But my RingPro at night when it detects movement at the driveway everything looks clear with color than a few seconds go by and turn the nightvision mode. I have a bright light in the porch so why does it do that when it doesn’t need it.

Hey @P09luis! I recommend testing out the Color night vision toggle in your device video settings in the Ring app. Depending on the environment and lighting night vision can vary, so this feature will give you options in low light conditions.

Keep in mind that lens adjustment caters to the majority of the lens. This means that if the focal point of the lens or the majority of the lens is viewing a dark area, surrounding lights may only allow for slight adjustments. Adding light is always a great way to improve night vision adjustments. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

What makes no sense is that if I place a piece of electrical tape on top of the 3 red infrared lights than at night time I can see perfect up to 20+feet from my porch, if I remove the tape it goes back to nightvision. Therr is plenty of light on the porch and driveway so I dont understand why its functioning like it is. Which we could disable night vision.

1 Like

What makes no sense is that if I place a piece of electrical tape on top of the 3 red infrared lights than at night time I can see perfect up to 20+feet from my porch, if I remove the tape it goes back to nightvision. Therr is plenty of light on the porch and driveway so I dont understand why its functioning like it is. Which we could disable night vision. The picture below is with a tape.

This picture is at night without the tape…maybe is too close to the wall? The porch and driveway lights are on on this picture but doorbell goes to night mode