Night vision stop working recently

Recently, my night vision stop working.

Hi @quinones21pr. Could you try resetting your device by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds and then reconnecting the device? To reconnect the device, you will go into the main menu > Devices > Doorbell > Device Health > Reconnect or Change Wifi Network. This will walk you through another setup of your device. After this, observe the night vision to see if this helped. If it did not, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Night vision on my ring doorbell 2 stopped working. Now all I see is darkness when my ring detects motion. I think it has something to do with the street light across the street recently being fixed because if I put my hand over the lens to block the light the night vision activates. If that’s the case and the new light source is causing the night vision to be disabled what can I do to fix the issue? I have included a picture of I see when it is activated.

Hi @JayL619. I’d recommend trying the troubleshooting steps recommended in Chelsea’s previous post. If that doesn’t do the trick, you can also look into adding more lighting on your porch area to balance out the light in your Doorbell’s view so it’s more clear at night. Should this concern continue to persist, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to troubleshoot this concern more thoroughly for you. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: