Night vision not working

I have no night vision since Sunday, August 2, 2020. I did everything you mentioned from reset to turning power off and on. I haven’t changed anything since installing my cam two years ago. My scenery also hasn’t changed to cause the night vision not to work. During the day I have a pink haze on the right side of the screen. I inspected the device and see no film or crack on my cam.

I just got off the phone with RING and they can’t do anything except for me to get a replacement.

I read a customer comment, mentioned since getting a new app update their cam night vision went off line.

RING what’s going on? Is there a short life span for your devices? Very concerned ? customer…

Plz help find a solution to this issue.

I’m having same problem however, the angle idea might work, so I’ll give it a try

My Firware is not listed. All it shows is its UP to Date

Hi @SteveFam! Did the angling, or a power cycle, of your Video Doorbell work at all? The firmware sounds to be up to date, so if the previous mentioned steps didn’t work for you, our support team might be of assistance. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

@DIY-Hawaiian, as long as your device is within warranty, or you subscribed to a Protect Plus Plan while still within original warranty, our support team can help you with that replacement. As it sounds like you’ve covered many steps to resolve this, that may be the best solution.

Feel free to include a video example of your night vision/ video image during the day time and night time, to see what the Community might be able to recommend! :slight_smile:

Hello, I’m thrilled to tell you that my door video is working now. I had turned off/on the circuit, and Re-angled camera and it works perfect at night. I hope it works for everyone else.

1 Like

What did you come up with for did you fix the problem I have the same issue

Same has happned to me. This is nuts.

Same problem as everyone else here: works great during the day, doesn’t work at all (i.e., no motion detection) after dark.

I’ve tried to post a couple of pictures, not sure if it works or not.

The first is me standing on the porch 2 - 3 ft. from the Ring doorbell. Everything in the picture looks great, even the neighbor’s house across the street is clear.

The second is me standing just off the porch. It’s difficult to see, but I am there. In the picture everything is dark and indistinct. Though in the first picture you can tell the neighbor’s brick is a bit orange, in this second pciture you cannot even distinctly see the house.

The lighting is the same in both picutures: it’s dark outside and my porch lights are on.

I’m not sure when the problem started. When I first installed the doorbell a year or so ago, it picked up everyone passing by after dark. Now it doesn’t even detect me standing about 10 feet away.

Seems to me like an issue in their software.

It is still happening for me. I have given up on Ring (sic Amazon) fixing this. I am moving on to a different doorbell solution…one that actually works as advertised.

I had a ring doorbell pro. It was junk. Ring’s IT department, a wonderful lady named Rose, tried to help me out. She contacted me through Ring Community. Even sent me a corner kit for free. However, just problem after problem with video, going offline even though the doorbell was hardwired, and door bell ringing properly. I never did any serious research on the doorbell. However, I did research on a ring spotlight cam battery. I’ve had it up now for several months and have had zero problems with the device. Only complaint is, the night vision isn’t the greatest unless the spotlight is on. But still no problems at all with the night vision.

Re: Night vision not working

Re: Night vision not working

1 Like

Same here

1 Like

Mine also suddenly stop working after 3 months, any help?

I have had ring2. Worked perfectly for months. Now nighttime vision is dark and can’t see who is coming to door. Got doorbell changed and made no difference! The whole idea of getting this system was to protect my house when I’m not there.
Don’t think it’s the fault of the doorbell. Ring must have changed software. Not impressed!

I have ring doorbell 3 and I can’t seem to get the night vision on the camera at all there is no option at all for me to change this. Can anyone assist

1 Like

Mine doesn’t work at night either despite the fact we have a searchlight that comes on when someone approaches. I see the light come on but the video doesn’t come on. As we bought this to catch the person who is vandalising our property at night this is very frustrating.

My night vision never worked, but every once in a while I could see a few seconds where it did work. They first told me my brick was too close to it but when I saw that it actually could work a few seconds, I called back. After being sent 3 new devices, actually one was a refurbished that never connected so I asked for a brand new one, which they sent another refurbished I didn’t even open, finally sent a new one which connected fine but no night vision still, I put the electrical tape over the red leds and I now have working night vision! thank you so much! I don’t understand it, and honestly almost didn’t try it, but since I have a whole Ring set up I didn’t want to buy a different company doorbell. This has been very frustrating since April.

Hi neighbors! Night Vision quality will often have to do with connection, lighting, nearby obstructions in view, and even power with some devices. Check out our Help Center article for tips on troubleshooting Night Vision on your Ring devices. Some Ring devices have the Color Night Vision feature which is great to try depending on lighting. We’ve seen neighbors share success with adding more lighting to the area in general, or changing the angle of view slightly to avoid obstructions. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like