cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Night vision not working

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Night vision not working

It starts off as a search, then goes to a person.  I used it last week to get them to push my firmware update and just chatted with them earlier this morning for an account question.

Highlighted
Neighbor II

Interesting, the Ring Mods never suggest chat. It's always call. I saw if your on the UK site they have email customer service too.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey neighbors! Night vision is commonly dependent on environment, settings, and even power depending on the device model. As mentioned earlier in this thread,  please ensure the Pro Power Kit is installed at your chime kit, and also check the device health of the Doorbell Pro to ensure it's power reading is sufficient to operate night vision. If you do not have Doorbell Pro you may, of course, rule out power unless your battery is needing to be charged.

The best next step would be to check your device settings in the Ring app, specifically the color night vision toggle, to see if any adjustments can be made for your device. Adding light to the area is always a great way to improve any lens adjustment, especially in low light conditions.

If the above does not help to resolve your concerns, I recommend reaching out to our support team, by chat or by phone.  Feel free to check out our contact us page here, which includes international numbers and chat support. I hope this helps! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

I have been e-mailing with a lady named Rose via help@ring.com.  She is the one who is sending out a corner kit for me free of charge. When I e-mail her she usually gets back to me with in a day or two.

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Community Manager-  Most of the information provided I have tried.  None of this is working.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

None of this works. For some reason the update made the infrared more sensitive. My camera was mounted next to the brick and it was reflecting off from it. The only fix I found was to turn the camera on an angle so it doesn't bounce off anything
Highlighted
New Neighbor III

If the InfraRed (IR) illuminator LEDs emit their IR light and it reflects off something stationary and close by, its effectiveness and range are greatly reduced.
This affects all night vision cameras that use IR night vision, not just Ring.
See attached sample image.

If the leftmost doorbell IR LED can be turned off, I think night vision would be better in the above case.

The alternative is to use 3rd party IR illuminators to light up the dark areas.

I'm on Ring Pro firmware v2.1.01005 (as of 1/9/2020)

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I think that is what I said. Why it quit working after the update I don't know because it worked fine for months.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I've found that putting black electrical tape over the 'Red' Leds helps my night vision work better ???  Now the face of people are not washed out like a ghost.  I would have never bought this POJ if I knew it was going to be a science project to get it to work half-way correct SMH

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Ok.  So how do you adjust or turn off the left most IR LED?  I don't see anywhere in the app that option.