Night vision not working

How do I check the Firmware? Thnaks!

The only place I can find the firmware is on my iPhone. The Windows 10 app for the RING is limited??? Go to settings on your iPhone or Android and go to Device Health. Firmware is there. Mine has been stuck on 1.16.00272 since I installed it

Thanks Pepi!

Mine reads 2.1.01005 so I guess it’s the latest. I am so frustrated!

2 Likes

Yeah me to. I sure glad I got this on Black Friday for 139.95 or it would be going back. I guess it’s half useful LOL

If device health shows you a version number the firmware is NOT up to date. The version number is replaced with the words “Up to Date” when it is the latest (no version number is shown)

So the latest for my video doorbell pro. I’ve been e-mailing with ring support. They are telling me the brick next to my doorbell is absorbing the infrared beams. They are sending me a “corner kit” free of charge. We will see!

1 Like

You can chat Ring Support and they can push the update to your device. They are updating in stages. I had mine pushed a few days ago.

So you PAID money to chat with an outside contracted help line for RING? I called the support line on this issue yesterday and all I got was the BS brush off

_ Or chat with a live expert _
_ **While Ring Doorbells can’t chat, our partner hires US-based experts who are on call and can help troubleshoot your issue for a small fee. Click to chat now with a paid expert. ** _

1 Like

That’s not Ring support. Where did you see that link? There is no paying for support.

Show us the link to the REAL RING chat. I don’t find it on their website anywhere?

There is no chat. You must call them.
Call Us
US: +1(800) 656-1918 (24/7)
US: +1(888) 981-8993 (Español - 24/7)
INTL: +1(310) 929-7085 (24/7)

I don’t get anywhere with calling these people. They tell me that they will look into my problem(s) and fix it later. I know better because once they disconnect they don’t have access to my device anymore due to my security on my home network. Terrible customer support :frowning:

1 Like

For chat, bottom right of the support page, click the bubble. I’ve attached a screenshot.

@Boricua3205 wrote:

For chat, bottom right of the support page, click the bubble. I’ve attached a screenshot.

Sadly, it’s just a search bot. No human to chat with.

It starts off as a search, then goes to a person. I used it last week to get them to push my firmware update and just chatted with them earlier this morning for an account question.

Interesting, the Ring Mods never suggest chat. It’s always call. I saw if your on the UK site they have email customer service too.

Hey neighbors! Night vision is commonly dependent on environment, settings, and even power depending on the device model. As mentioned earlier in this thread, please ensure the Pro Power Kit is installed at your chime kit, and also check the device health of the Doorbell Pro to ensure it’s power reading is sufficient to operate night vision. If you do not have Doorbell Pro you may, of course, rule out power unless your battery is needing to be charged.

The best next step would be to check your device settings in the Ring app, specifically the color night vision toggle, to see if any adjustments can be made for your device. Adding light to the area is always a great way to improve any lens adjustment, especially in low light conditions.

If the above does not help to resolve your concerns, I recommend reaching out to our support team, by chat or by phone. Feel free to check out our contact us page here, which includes international numbers and chat support. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I have been e-mailing with a lady named Rose via help@ring.com. She is the one who is sending out a corner kit for me free of charge. When I e-mail her she usually gets back to me with in a day or two.

Marley_Ring

Community Manager- Most of the information provided I have tried. None of this is working.

None of this works. For some reason the update made the infrared more sensitive. My camera was mounted next to the brick and it was reflecting off from it. The only fix I found was to turn the camera on an angle so it doesn’t bounce off anything