Night vision not working

Hey Annalyzer1001!

Unfortunately, no I have not been able to fix the problem. I am leaving the porch light on overnight now so it will work. And fortunately, everthing I want to monitor is during the day anyway. Donovan mentioned it could be related to the last app update but since he has his working maybe its not the app update. I’m waiting to see if the next update does anything. I have my motion sensitivity set to 1 click before all the way to the left for “less motion.” This setting still captures most everything that moves. I’ve recorded deer, foxes, and racoons overnight on a regular basis. I had to put a WiFi extender in my house to get my doorbell to function better. However, the device still goes offline more than I would like. Overall, I’d say I’m only about 68% satisfied with this device. Is your device dropping offline?

Installed my Ring Doorbell Pro about 10-days ago and mine also has No night time motion detection !!

Call customer support about my Firmware showing 1.16 rather than the latest 2.1

Was told Ring has many bugs with 2.1 and are not doing anymore downloads of firmware till bugs are worked out!!

What ever happened to “predeployment” testing???

Two weeks with my RING Pro and no night vision either. I’ve tried everything that I read above and it is WORTHLESS. I smell a lawsuit in their future

All right. So since I last posted a comment not much has changed. Doorbell works fine during the day and at sunrise and sunset. Doorbell only works at night with the porch light turned on. I have only captured Deer one time overnight since my last post. It almost seems like it won’t capture anything between midnight and sunrise and I don’t have any time parameters set on the device. My satisfaction decreases each day with this device. There was an update Dec 18th and the update did nothing.

What was the update? My Firmware is on 1.1600272 and will NOT update no matter what I’ve tried. Supposed to say UP TO DATE

Hey Pepi,

I’m not sure how to check what Firmware the doorbell is running. What I can tell you is the update was on Dec 18th and its version 5.21.0 248.9MB. The app says the update includes bug fixes, enhancements, and has the following new features…

Firmware is totally different from app version.
Firmware should say up to date. I’d call customer service and speak with them. They can do things on their end that may push it to you.

How do I check the Firmware? Thnaks!

The only place I can find the firmware is on my iPhone. The Windows 10 app for the RING is limited??? Go to settings on your iPhone or Android and go to Device Health. Firmware is there. Mine has been stuck on 1.16.00272 since I installed it

Thanks Pepi!

Mine reads 2.1.01005 so I guess it’s the latest. I am so frustrated!

2 Likes

Yeah me to. I sure glad I got this on Black Friday for 139.95 or it would be going back. I guess it’s half useful LOL

If device health shows you a version number the firmware is NOT up to date. The version number is replaced with the words “Up to Date” when it is the latest (no version number is shown)

So the latest for my video doorbell pro. I’ve been e-mailing with ring support. They are telling me the brick next to my doorbell is absorbing the infrared beams. They are sending me a “corner kit” free of charge. We will see!

1 Like

You can chat Ring Support and they can push the update to your device. They are updating in stages. I had mine pushed a few days ago.

So you PAID money to chat with an outside contracted help line for RING? I called the support line on this issue yesterday and all I got was the BS brush off

_ Or chat with a live expert _
_ **While Ring Doorbells can’t chat, our partner hires US-based experts who are on call and can help troubleshoot your issue for a small fee. Click to chat now with a paid expert. ** _

1 Like

That’s not Ring support. Where did you see that link? There is no paying for support.

Show us the link to the REAL RING chat. I don’t find it on their website anywhere?

There is no chat. You must call them.
Call Us
US: +1(800) 656-1918 (24/7)
US: +1(888) 981-8993 (Español - 24/7)
INTL: +1(310) 929-7085 (24/7)

I don’t get anywhere with calling these people. They tell me that they will look into my problem(s) and fix it later. I know better because once they disconnect they don’t have access to my device anymore due to my security on my home network. Terrible customer support :frowning:

1 Like

For chat, bottom right of the support page, click the bubble. I’ve attached a screenshot.