Newer unit missing important funtions

I installed a ring video doorbell in Feb of 2019. December 2019 I noticed damage to the outside of the device. Looks like battery acid was leaking or something. They sent me at replacement upon seeing pictures of the damage. I installed the replacement to find out after hours of chat with support that the newer models are now missing VERY IMPORTANT FUNCTIONS! It replacement does not have the function of turning the outside sound that emits from the doorbell when pushed off. It is a privacy issue for me and it is loud outside. It ux a deal breaker for me. I have no use for a ring doorbell if that fuction is no longer an option. So now what???

Hey @MzLadyX. Glad to hear our support team assisted with a replacement! As for the Doorbell tone volume setting, this should certainly be available in the app.

Please visit the Ring app > tap the menu (top left) > select Devices > select your Doorbell > select Device Settings on your Doorbell page > select General Settings > here you should see a Doorbell Volume slider.

If you do not, I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the app on your mobile device. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Yep did all that and the volume slider controls both the doorbell volume and the notification volume! So is I turn the slider to silent, the door bell is silent as well as the notifications from the app if someone is at the door or motion is detected. So ya I cant turn down the door bell but alerts are also muted. I tried all your steps listed MUILTIPLE TIMES!

Problem solved. Called support and after elevations department or the higher up took sometime looking into it, the firmware on the device needed a update which they did on their end and now no sound at the doorbell. THANK YOU!!!