New Ring doorbell stays in update mode?

I got a new Ring doorbell after a new one was already swapped. This second unit also have the problem that it stays in ‘firmware update’ mode. It is not usable; the white circle led is flashing constantly in combination with a blue circle.

I tried really EVERYTHING, but nothing works… What’s going on Ring?

Hey @mikekat. I’m happy to chime in and offer some help here! If you haven’t already, please try resetting the Doorbell before attempting to set it up in the Ring App again. You can reset it by holding down the setup button for 20 seconds. Once that’s done, try to walk through a setup in the Ring App again. Also, ensure that you have the Doorbell near the router and that Bluetooth is enabled on the smartphone or tablet you’re using to set the Doorbell up.

Should this concern persist, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere They’ll be able to look more closely at your device and offer more advanced troubleshooting steps to resolve this. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know if my suggestions worked, or what support recommends if you reach out to them! :slight_smile:

I have reset 10 times. No difference. This is the second unit, first one that i got 3 days ago was return to Ring because the same issue. Now, the second one have also exact the same. Terrible quality.