New Ring Doorbell 3 "Live View Ended" and No Notifications for Movement

I purchased my Ring Doorbell 3 about a month ago, and for the first 2 weeks or so it worked great… Then it didn’t.

We no longer get notifications from when there is movement in front of the door, the notifications are terribly delayed, and at times we are even unable to connect to the Live View, and when we try it says “Reconnecting” or “Activating Device” and then it responds with “Live View Ended” and I click the “Reconnect” button and it doesn’t connect.

We have no idea what it can be, uptime is good, 230 mbps download for internet speed. We have a good “health” with the Doorbell. I have even factory reset it twice now. Below are the details of the device and health:

Power

Power Source: Hardwired

Network

Signal Strength: RSSI-51

Device Details

Last Health Check: Today 10:17 PM

Firmware: Up to Date

- All systems operational from the Ring side.

• We use the Ring Android app, don’t know if that has anything to do with it.

I am thinking about returning it, but I wanted to get the communities help before I returned it. Would love to hear thoughts.

Thanks so much!

Aaron

Hi @aaronbrewer. Thanks for sharing details on your device’s RSSI and what you’re currently experiencing. For this concern, I’d suggest first unisntalling the Ring App, restarting your phone to clear the cache, and reinstalling the Ring App. You can also try out the Rapid Ring App, which is a companion to the Ring App, and is designed to allow you to answer notifications and access Live View quickly. Let me know how these suggestions work for you. :slight_smile: