New Ring 3 help needed

Hi all, I have installed a ring 3 to my front door in place of an existing doorbell. Having read about connecting it up to the internal doorbell I have a doorbell that is on the incompatible list. Typical! Can I get this to work using one of those transformers Ring sell or not?
My main concern is that I have hard wired it but it says it is running off the battery only. I’ve tried loosening the face plates etc as other posts have suggested. I have checked all the wires are connected properly. What else can I try? Thanks

Hey @Dominorocks. Happy to help here! You will want to ensure your Doorbell is wired to the transformer by following the details outlined in our Help Center Article here. If you have the Doorbell hardwired to an incompatible chime kit, this is why it will show it’s going off of battery and not hardwired. Once hardwired properly to a transformer, it should show as hardwired in the Device Health section.

In the event that you have wired this properly and still have it showing it’s running off of battery, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.