New Disarm mode not working, still detects motion?

I have just purchased a Ring 3 Doorbell.

The disarm mode does not work.

I have tried all of the solutions posted here but it still does not work.

when it is disabled, it still directs motion and makes the chimes sound.

I have resolved this problem.

I have found that on going to Mode Settings on the App the Disarm settings appear to be set to Motion detection and Live view. I turned these two functions off and the Disarm function now works as expected.

4 Likes

This morning (15-May-2020) at 06:00 I disarmed my system using disarmed mode as I have been doing since this new feature came out. I let my cats out and immediately got a detection warning and a chime from my ring chime. I checked the mode and it was ‘Disarmed’. I toggled to ‘Home’ and back to ‘Disarmed’. I still got detection from my animals. I rebooted the backyard flood, still got motion, so I toggled all three modes, but I’m still detecting motion and getting a chime from my ring chime. Arrrr!! I powercycled my phone, toggled to ‘Home’ and back to ‘Disarmed’ and I’m still getting detection. Arrrr!!! I checked the Disarmed Mode settings and even toggled each zones from disabled to enabled then to disabled again. (Yes, I saved the settings each time). I’m still getting detection. Can someone help me please.

See attached screenshots.

Same here driving me insane all motion alerts set to off

Mine is doing the same thing, it will not enable Disarmed Mode. I have toggled back and forth between all three modes and Disarmed will not enable.

Hey neighbors! If your Disarm mode is not working, could you please try removing the Ring app from your phone, rebooting your phone, and then reinstalling the Ring app. From there, re-log back into your account, ensure your Modes settings are as they should be for the Disarm mode, and then close the Ring app after putting yourself into the Disarm mode. From there, please walk in front of your devices to attempt to “set off” an alert. In the event that this still happens, I would love to see a screen recording of this to show to my team. What the screen recording should look like is you pulling up your Ring app, putting yourself into Disarm mode, then closing the Ring app, walking in front of your device (be out of sight before going near device during this test) and then set off the device so that it sends a push notification to your phone for motion detected.

This will show that even with your system Disarmed, the device is still recording motion and sending you an alert. Having this will be what I need to get this matter escalated up further! In addition to the screen recording, please reply with a screenshot of how your Disarm Mode settings are like @tlamy has, and what type of phone and OS version you have that you’re running.

The first part of your item was very helpful — thank you. I will try it. The second part, asking for photo/video is obnoxious — suggesting that you can’t trust our relatively straightforward descriptions of what happened. Enough people have complained about this no one at Ring should doubt that there is something seriously wrong.

In my case, Modes was working perfectly until yesterday, 15 May. Suddenly, the Disarm function stopped working properly. I hit the Disarm button and Ring reacted normally, switching the indicator on the Dashboard, and delivering a Notice that the system was disarmed, time, date, etc. BUT, the system was not disarmed. All cams generated motion alerts as if Ring was in Away mode. I use iPhone 6 with the latest iOS.

2 Likes

It’s been happening to me too. I’m wondering if it’s because my wife and I both have the app signed in with the same username. Toggling seems to help most times. Today it looks like (from the notification history) we set it to away, and it’s operating correct for “away”, but the app is actually saying “home”. Hence the confusion.

After about 10 days of working perfectly my new Ring Spotlight (wired) started ignoring my change to Disarm Mode as well as well and it now keeps alerting me when I am working in the yard. I did not make any changes to the app since setting it up. I will try uninstalling the app and will then reinstall as per your suggestion Chelsea and let you know if this works.

1 Like

Has anyone found a solution to disarm mode not working correctly? My situation is I have 3 cameras. Doorbell, Floodlight, Indoor (which is in attached garage). When activating Disarm Mode, Doorbell and Indoor responds accordingly. For some apparent reason, the Floodlight stopped responding yesterday. It worked appropriately until yesterday. I called support and was on the phone for an hour with no prevail. She said she would send it up the latter and email me. What a crock! Doesn’t make sense that 2 of 3 will shut down. I’ve tried everything that has been mentioned besides uninstalling app and reinstalling. Does this work because the customer rep never suggested it? Also do you have to reconfigure all your zones and settings after doing so? Any help would be much appreciated…

I still am trying to figure out how to comment and get help on this community ring. I have the same problem with my Apple system and have not been able to fix it. Good luck. Let’s hope Ring solves it and soon.

The customer support rep. that I called yesterday (Jasper) suggested, since I was calling him on the same phone that has the Ring App installed, that I just put the phone in speaker mode and we toggled back and forth from Disarm to Home to Away and back again while I walked into my motion zone. We both made sure I was using the Save button to save my settings but nothing worked. He said he would make some notes and send it up the support chain and get back to me.

I decided this morning to delete my device from my location on the App, run a factory reset of the camera by holding the button on top of the camera down for 30 seconds and to go through the Camera setup process again. Now everything is working again just like after the original installation (Disarm, Home, Away all functioning as expected).

This is not something I want to do routinely since my camera is mounted over the garage about 14 ft up in the air so I am really hoping that this was an isolated occurance and that the camera proves to be a bit more stable.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info. I will try to do the same this evening. Hopefully it works because it seems as customer service isn’t much help.

The above worked for me. I just set up my devices on Monday, and yesterday my Floodlight Cam stopped responding to modes. I followed the steps listed above, removed the Floodlight from my devices, factory reset the Floodlight, re-added it to my account and boom, it started working again. It would be nice if Ring could fix this bug so this wouldn’t be neccessary, though.

1 Like

Well my fix to uninstall the Ring app from my phone and reset the Flood light cam worked great for the last 9 days. Today at noon the same thing happened. I select the Disarmed mode with saved settings motion detection disabled and Live View Disabled and the camera continues to detect motion and tries to save video. Then notification time and a video icon shows up on the Event History but nothing plays. Only the notification, even though I have everything disabled. I am having some work done on the house and am getting 10 motion notices every 5 minutes. I reset the camera to factory specs by holding the camera button for 30 seconds, removed the device from the Android App, uninstalled the App from my phone and reinstalled the app and the App on my phone and everything is working again.

Chelsea_Ring: Have you gotten any further in finding out what is going on here? When the flood cam is working it is great but I am too old to be climbing up a 12 ft ladder every week and a half.

Thanks in advance.

I just got my ring doorbell cam yesterday and I’m having the same issue. Modes are basically useless. They all do the same thing notify me of everything all the time. Kind of strange that something so simple is so broken and a huge company like ring cannot seem to fix it. And then asking everyone for screen capture as if they don’t believe all the people saying it’s broken. I have a $30 wyze cam and it has modes and they have always worked no problem. Plus I can schedule times for modes and it’s all free but the product I pay for monthly has none of these features and is broken.

Well…I have had same issue. I reset camera (30 second), reinstalled app, rebooted the base station, and toggled the modes and its WORKED FOR NOW. Hopefully the Ring people will address…its maddening.

I’ve tried everything in this thread, but my brand new cams will not disarm.

Just wanted to add on yet another brand new Ring Doorbell 3 installed and not disarming.

Installed, added to app, few days of it not working found this thread - tried removing it, resetting, and readding and nothing.

No other method on the thread worked either so the fact it says there’s a solution is an absolute joke tbh.