cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Disarm mode not working, still detects motion?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

New Disarm mode not working, still detects motion?

Why does my Ring Doorbell 2 still detect motion when I set it to disarm modes using the new mode feature (Disarm, Home, Away) I have customized the Disarm mode to not pick up/record motion but it's still picking up and recording motion. It does not seem to work?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: New Disarm mode not working, still detects motion?

Hey neighbors! Wanted to provide an update with a request from my team that is investigating this concern. My team is asking if you could please toggle in between your modes again, and then back to the desired mode you wish to have. From there, monitor this to see if it's still recording even in the mode that you have recordings disabled. Please let me know how this goes! 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey @SamGabb. If you could, please attach a screenshot of the configuration that you have for your Disarmed mode after making sure it's set to how it should be. After ensuring that it says motion detection disabled, go back to your Dashboard, put yourself in another mode like Home or Away, and then back into Disarm mode! After you've been back in Disarm mode from toggling back and forth, watch it for the next few hours to see if it's still detecting motion and transcribing that in your event history. Hope to hear back from you! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have the same problem. Two indoor cameras that supposed to be disabled in home mode, still record motions and produce notifications. Have verified all settings and switched between modes multiple times.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hi @Chelsea_Ring I have attached the configuration screenshot as requested. I have made sure the settings are correct. Tested it for a few hours after toggling back and forwards through modes several times and it is still picking up motions and recording. I have spoken to a couple of people I know with a Ring Doorbell and they have the same issue it does not work. There is another feed I can see on the community with someone else with same issue who received same advice and they are also still having same issue? I have a feeling the new mode setting needs to be fixed centrally.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey neighbors! Thank you so much for providing more in-depth information and screenshots of the situation you are running into. After bringing this up with the appropriate teams, we have opened up an investigation in order to address this error in the app with the new Mode feature. I will make sure to keep you updated with any other questions or further steps they may have for you all, and also when there is an update with an estimated fix time! Thank you so much for your patience in the meantime. Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey neighbors! Wanted to provide an update with a request from my team that is investigating this concern. My team is asking if you could please toggle in between your modes again, and then back to the desired mode you wish to have. From there, monitor this to see if it's still recording even in the mode that you have recordings disabled. Please let me know how this goes! 

View solution in original post

New Neighbor

All working now @Chelsea_Ring thank you very much for sorting that out. Whatever was done centrally has fixed the problem.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I don't know if you pushed an update to our droid phone apps or changed something in the back end, but in the last 48 hours, the ring stickup cameras have been quiet as set in the disarmed mode settings. Thank you.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

We have been having phantom motion alerts repeatedly all day and all night !! It started about 2 days ago for us ! And scared the hell out of us at 12:30am ! And I have tried disarming it and turning off different modes and nothing works ! We bought this about 6 months ago and have not had any problems till 2 days ago and now I’m ready to return this *%%## thing !!!
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have just purchased a Ring 3 Doorbell.

The disarm mode does not work.

I have tried all of the solutions posted here but it still does not work.

when it is disabled, it still directs motion and makes the chimes sound.