New Android app

I have 2 Doorbell Video Pro already installed and working correctly. I added a bridge to my system in anticipation of installing a Ring Floodlight today. The bridge installation was pretty easy but during the Setup process, an update ran.

My Android phone now has version 3.21.1 and the new app is completely different from the old one. After I acces either of the doorbells, each event is no longer listed vertically on the screen. Instead a blurred version of the Live View is at the top of the screen with instructions to Tap to Go Live. Any events are now on a timeline at the bottom of the screen, listed by date.

With this new version (which I do not like), how can I delete multiple events at once? It was so simple with the old version.

I’ve attached a screen shot of my Front Door doorbell as an example.

Hi @CmgDme22. I appreciate your feedback on the new update, and I will make sure to pass on this feedback to the appropriate team for you.

To answer your question, in order to delete recordings from your history, you will need to follow these steps:

• Open the Ring app and go into the main menu

• Select Devices and then the device you would like to edit the history for

• Select Event History and from there you can delete any recordings you do not wish to have

Hope this helps! :smiley_cat:

Thanks! This new app behaves very different then the old app. When I click on one of my doorbells, the next screen is black. The top section has a Tap to GoLive arrow, the middle has a share selection and the word Today. Below that is a timeline of any motion events along with a link to GO LIVE.

I have to perform an additional step of pressing the settings icon, in order to see the same view as the old app. It brings up the white screen where I can manually change Ring Alerts and Motion Alerts, the blue LIVE VIEW button and the rest of the old app features.

It is here where I can choose the Event History, as I did previously. That first black screen seems like a waste but maybe other users need it.

Tap the gear on the top right. Then tap Device settings, then video settings, then make sure that tap camera preview for live view is on. That should do it.