NO sound live feed Ring Pro

I recently installed my ring pro doorbell. My issue is that I can not use the 2 way talk feature. No sound comes from my phone or the doorbell. I have tried all the usual things to fix, i.e. making sure the app has access to phones mic, etc. I thought maybe I needed a new transformer so I installed the recommended 16V 30VA, but I still have no sound via live feed. The weird part is, is that on some of the recorded events, audio can be heard through my phone. Any suggestions? I’m going crazy

Hey @WarMachine042. Have you tried removing the Ring app from your phone, rebooting your phone (turn it off/on), and then reinstalling the app? This will help refresh all the permissions and make sure that the settings you need enabled, are turned on. Also, make sure your phone is not on silent and the sound is turned all the way up.

Additionally, if this doesn’t resolve your concern, try resetting the Doorbell by pressing down the setup button for 30 seconds. After a few moments pass from the reset, test a Live View on your phone and let me know if you’re able to hear someone from your phone and they can hear you on the other side!

I actually contacted ring and getting a new doorbell. Hopefully the new one works better. We shall see

1 Like

@WarMachine042 That’s great to hear! Nice job being proactive and please let us know in the forum if the new device works well for you. Fingers crossed! :smiley_cat:

Just an update. I received my replacement unit and installed it. The sound works now! It appears that I had a dud unit. Thanks again Ring for all of your help!!!

1 Like

@WarMachine042 That is awesome to hear! I’m so glad it’s working as it should so you don’t have to worry about that any longer. :smiley_cat:

Exact same issue here. Plenty of power, 4085mv, 100Mbs+ at the doorbell and no one could really ever hear me at the door. Sound would go in and out at the door. With my iMac, my Pixel 3XL, wife’s iPhone XR and Windows laptop. Reset it about 3 times and same thing. However, now it makes no sounds at all. I can hear fine but no one can hear me.

When I first had my Ring doorbell installed everything worked great. However, I have had no sound for a very long time. I’ve paid the $30.00 yearly fee. The Ring doesn’t work 50% of the time, very frustrating.

@TheBroker wrote:
Exact same issue here. Plenty of power, 4085mv, 100Mbs+ at the doorbell and no one could really ever hear me at the door. Sound would go in and out at the door. With my iMac, my Pixel 3XL, wife’s iPhone XR and Windows laptop. Reset it about 3 times and same thing. However, now it makes no sounds at all. I can hear fine but no one can hear me.

Hey neighbors! If you are unable to get sound on your Ring Video Doorbell Pro, please reach out to our support team here like the OP has. The OP was able to get it resolved via a replacement, but our support team will make sure to do advanced troubleshooting with you to see if they can fix the device you have first! Please reach out to our support team here. :slight_smile:

Hello Chelsea, I just read a post made by WarMachine042 about an audio issue from the ring doorbell. I have a doorbell 2 and have had this same problem from the first day I bought it 2 years ago. I’ve tried all the suggested resetting, rebooting, WiFi signal strength etc. and nothing worked. I even got a new internet provider with better signal and that didn’t correct the audio issues. Reading the st mentioned above, I’m wondering if mine has been defective since day one. When I’m in live view and try and access the audio, the camera freezes or drops the connection. I’ve read other complaints about numerous audio issues. I want to upgrade my ring camera system but I’m concerned that this may be an ongoing problem. Before I attempt to buy a new doorbell, I’d like to hear your thoughts. Thank you, jl910