cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO sound live feed Ring Pro

SOLVED
New Neighbor

NO sound live feed Ring Pro

I recently installed my ring pro doorbell. My issue is that I can not use the 2 way talk feature. No sound comes from my phone or the doorbell. I have tried all the usual things to fix, i.e. making sure the app has access to phones mic, etc. I thought maybe I needed a new transformer so I installed the recommended 16V 30VA, but I still have no sound via live feed. The weird part is, is that on some of the recorded events, audio can be heard through my phone. Any suggestions? I'm going crazy
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: NO sound live feed Ring Pro

Hey @WarMachine042. Have you tried removing the Ring app from your phone, rebooting your phone (turn it off/on), and then reinstalling the app? This will help refresh all the permissions and make sure that the settings you need enabled, are turned on. Also, make sure your phone is not on silent and the sound is turned all the way up.

Additionally, if this doesn't resolve your concern, try resetting the Doorbell by pressing down the setup button for 30 seconds. After a few moments pass from the reset, test a Live View on your phone and let me know if you're able to hear someone from your phone and they can hear you on the other side! 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I actually contacted ring and getting a new doorbell. Hopefully the new one works better. We shall see
Highlighted
Community Manager

@WarMachine042 That's great to hear! Nice job being proactive and please let us know in the forum if the new device works well for you. Fingers crossed! Cat Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Just an update. I received my replacement unit and installed it. The sound works now! It appears that I had a dud unit. Thanks again Ring for all of your help!!!
Highlighted
Community Manager

@WarMachine042 That is awesome to hear! I'm so glad it's working as it should so you don't have to worry about that any longer. Cat Happy