My ring door bell is corroding

Had been using my ring door bell (gen1) for the past 3 years. The 1st problem started 2 years ago when the door bell’s finishing starts to corrode and caused the finishing to peel off. Wrote in to Ring and they promptly replaced a new set for me. Kudos to the support.

However after about 1 year later, the same problem happened again. Is there a problem with the material used? The doorbell is not exposed to any weather elements and i am not staying near the sea.

So can i know what is the issue here?

Hi @Ivan_T. For any concerns with physical damage or wear on your Doorbell, you’ll want to contact our support team directly. They’ll be able to take a look at your Doorbell’s warranty and determine the best course of action to get this sorted out. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: