My exiting doorchime is not activated anymore by de Ring device

Hi Community,

My Ring doorbell was working fine for a year or so, but last week I discovered that it is not triggering my original doorchime anymore when pushing the doorbell. The Ring device and App work as expected.

It is a mechanical existing doorbell, working on a 9V AC transformer output.

To test the hardwired doorbell, I connected the two screw at the back of the RIng device togehter with a wire. That made the original chime ring. So the wired circuit is OK, but the Ring device seems the problem.

Can it be an update or software problem. Is there a way to put the wired chime on /off in the App.

I hope anyone can help me!

Hey @MInze. Can you let us know what model of Doorbell you have? I’d recommend performing a reset and a new setup of the Doorbell and then testing it again to determine if it rings your internal chime kit.

To reset the Doorbell, hold down the setup button for at least 30 seconds. Once that’s done, walk through a new setup in the Ring App by following the instructions under Set Up a Device. After completing the setup, please test out the Doorbell. Let me know how that works for you! :slight_smile:

My RIng device is type Doorbell 2, the firmware shows the status “up to date”

The original Chime is a mechanical bell on 9V AC, is has worked fine for about a year, until recenlty.

I tested the chime AC circuit by putting a wire between the two connector screws on the back of de Doorbell 2 device. If done so, the chime rings, that means the circuit is OK.

The battery of the Doorbell 2 device is stable arround the 86% charge.

I will first try the procedure you suggest, to reset the device and than come back to you. Thanks for the reaction.

Reinstalling The Doorbell 2 didn’t bring any change. The original chime still does not ring. I think it is a bad contact within the doorbell2. If I bang a little against the doorbell 2 device, then for short moments de chime will ring, but it is not reliable.

So, I think I will stop with Doorbell 2, and mount my original doorbell button again.

@MInze Thanks for giving that step a try and letting me know how it worked. I’d recommend checking the chime kit compatibility list for the Doorbell 2 here. It’s possible the chime kit you have may not be compatible. If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. They’ll be able to take a deeper look into your device and determine what’s going on. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. Feel free to report back what support recommends, as it may help others with a similar concern! :slight_smile: