My Dog loves Ring Door Bell

Hello,

A brief Christmas story. My three sons, all home owners in Southern California and each indicating they’d love to have a Ring Door Bells from Santa this year. Armed with this info Santa made it to the local Best Buy store to purchase the video Doorbell 2’s for each of them. The next day (Christmas Eve) Santa’s helper (wife) wrapped the three units and placed them under the tree for tomorrows big arrival. Knowing Santa day was completed and the Ring’s and many other packages awaited our son’s and their families we departed our home for a little Christmas cheer at the in-laws. Later that evening, returning home, Santa’s helper opened the front door to enter and at the same time let our 130 Lb Cane Corso dog out front to do her business. When suddenly I hear Santa’s helper scream out OMG, Z…O…E!!! (Dog’s name) from inside the house, I ran inside to see what was wrong. Turns out our very comfortable in home dog got bored and decided to open many of the presents under the tree. Including all three Ring Video Doorbell boxes and destroying each of them in her own unique way. See attached pictures. Wow, how devastating did this night become. Stores closed, and nothing but trash to hand out Christmas morning. The next day we celebrated,cried, and laughed…it’s a story that’ll stay with my family for many years to come.
Out almost $600, I reached out to BB to see if they had a “Dog” policy" on returns… they did not! LOL. I’m wondering if Ring has a warranty program that includes “destroyed by dog” ? Looking for a little help.
Note: I still love my dog.

IMG_1055.jpg

We’ve heard this before neighbor… I’m guessing the homework was included in Zoe’s path of destruction as well?

As these were purchased at Best Buy, they would be the best to reach out to about any refunds, however, our support team would be happy to assist you and look into seeing what we can do for you. :slight_smile:

Hi Marley,

Actually… no homework, just a new pair of house slippers for one of the boys, they too were ruined… LOL. See picture. Yesterday, with reciept in hand, I went to Best Buy to have a decusion with the manager… because this one couldn’t be handled as “just another return”… after a lengthly explaination, pictures and all, the manager indicated there was nothing that BB could do and that I may want to reach out to Ring and see what help they may be. Any help would be deeply appreciated. Thank you.

Regards,

Sam

Hi Marley,

Actually… no homework, just a new pair of house slippers for one of the boys, they too were ruined… LOL. See picture. Yesterday, with reciept in hand, I went to Best Buy to have a decusion with the manager… because this one couldn’t be handled as “just another return”… after a lengthly explaination, pictures and all, the manager indicated there was nothing that BB could do and that I may want to reach out to Ring and see what help they may be. Any help would be deeply appreciated. Thank you. Happy New Year.

Regards,

Sam

1 Like

Hey @sneer! Sorry to hear about that experience. You may certainly give us a call, at 800-656-1918, anytime.

As the Community is here for guidance and answers, this matter would best be resolved through our phone support team to protect your privacy and ensure the most efficient handling. :slight_smile: