Multiple Issues With Doorbell 2

I had multiple problems that I had posted about but all seem to be resolved. To resolve I changed The Ring door bell2 to a guest network and reset. I still had some issues but it was working better so just on a whim I went and bought a new battery and charged it and changed it out and now my Ring Doorbell is working with absolutely no issues it is performing like I had expected it to from the get go! Even though the original battery showed alright in the app I do believe it’s was faulty. Now, if Ring could just figure out the fast roaming issue so I could use my router like it was meant to be used, I would be extreamly happy with my Ring Doorbell 2!

Hi @danfo, we apologize and are sorry for any frustrations your device is causing you. However, it does sound like there are a few concerns here that are not related.

For starters, your events should load almost instantly. If they do not, is there a certain time and date this happens? Be sure to periodically check status.ring.com to see if there is any downtime with your device.

Regarding notifications, do you have the timeline feature on? Can you confirm what app version you are using?

Regarding your black video concerns, have you had a chance to take a look at this Ring Help Center article: “Fixing Black Video Errors by Adjusting Your Router” the include information is very helpful ad helping you discover the source of the concern.

However, if you are not totally satisfied with your purchase, please do what is best for you and your home. We are always here and more than happy to help get your device up and running to its full potential!

1 Like

I had multiple problems that I had posted about but all seem to be resolved. To resolve I changed The Ring door bell2 to a guest network and reset. I still had some issues but it was working better so just on a whim I went and bought a new battery and charged it and changed it out and now my Ring Doorbell is working with absolutely no issues it is performing like I had expected it to from the get go! Even though the original battery showed alright in the app I do believe it’s was faulty. Now, if Ring could just figure out the fast roaming issue so I could use my router like it was meant to be used, I would be extremely happy with my Ring Doorbell 2! Thanks Riley_Ring for keeping in touch.

Hi @danfo, once again we are sorry to hear about these frustrations with your device. However, we would suggest that you consider working with the support team to further address your concerns as they can really get into the details and troubleshoot with you on each separate item you listed above. They are available 24/7 and happy to help. However, if you are not totally satisfied with your purchase, please do what is best for you and your home.

Danfo, what WiFi solution do you have? It wouldn’t be an Orbi would it?

No, I have TP-Link Deco 3

@Murray wrote:

Danfo, what WiFi solution do you have? It wouldn’t be an Orbi would it?

Danfo, I wondered as there is a know compatibility issue with some larger more powerful Orbi units where their Mesh seems to have an issue keeping battery models associated with the mesh for reconnection on request.